click click click

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Excuse me?

Excuse me?
Yes
Where is my key? I've been waiting for an our and half.

The receptionist stood there for a few seconds then started looking and asking his collegue who was supposed to call me an hour eerlier,confirming to me who has been waiting all sweaty beneath the hot windy air of east coast.

Here's your key miss.

He smiled politely to me and i darted him a look.

I waited for more than one hour and yu did not call to inform me that my room is ready?what kind of service is that.

That was a sentence that i managed to put a halt before it slipped through my mouth. First,because i did not want to create a scene, second, because i'm just too tired for a small argument and leg it go instead.

Later on that night, what happened on the afternoon playing in my mind. Talking about the quality of how the receptionist might forget to tell me about my room relates to the daily routine where i put on hold my prayers for some small things along the way amd god seems to "argue" with me right there and then.

Allah does not take away my lunch or dinner when i often ignore the call for the prayers.

I'm not saying that it's okay to procrastinate our prayers, but have some patience if things don't go in our way. Human beings make mistake and of course we have to correct what's wrong. However do it with the right manners.

till then!