click click click

Monday, March 14, 2011

bits of this, bits of that

Less than 2 days, I’ll be heading to Kuala Lumpur for one of my life’s commitment. Hence, the urge to write beautiful essays or to at least come out with a lengthy entry which at least worth some of your time consumed loading my page is absolutely not a dazzling idea for me to hold on to. for now.

My life has been pretty hectic physically and emotionally for the passing two days. Had a long arguments, an intellectual one I would say, because the subjects gyrated around economics-which I only had the very slightest idea of it, and to launch my career in petroleum economics department is a sweet nightmare-, some on political ideas, and sociology, civilization and such. Frankly, yes, we were in the middle of shouting and screaming to each other and were interrupted twice by my father and grandmother. the next hour we were good then the next hour we were fighting like crazy women over these issues. Haha.. a day later, all is forgotten and forgiven. I even miss her being around now.

Air dicincang takkan putus.

I spent the day out, hunting for some decent cloths to wear to the office. Nothing to fuss about though ‘cuz I’m not really a big fan of shopping. I’m a lame shopping partner as well since I’d tell you every color is suitable for you, every combination of pants and blouses are just appealing to be elegant before my eyes. Trust me. you do not want to me to shop with you. don’t bother to ask me to unless, you have no one else to look out for then I’m all here.

What else? oh yes. This is just my humble opinion to this very statement and please do take note that I’m not trying to be bias or sarcastic here, insyaAllah.

Statement:
alah, buat apa nak pakai tudung. Orang yang pakai tudung pun lebih kurang je perangai, malahan ada yang lebih teruk siap ada lovebite semua lagi. Jangan ingat orang pakai tudung baik gile.

Translation: 
huh, for what reason to cover my head. Those girls who do are some as bad as the ones who did not and some even worse. Don’t think that all girls with tudung/veils/shawls are innocent.

Firstly, I think this statement is based on personal anger or dissatisfaction. And is supported by a bunch of people who apparently are emotionally connected to this. One thing that all of us should always remember, nobody in this whole universe is absolute perfect without slightest flaws in whatever terms. Trust me on that. then, to those hold dear to this statement, oh yes you are right by pointing out not every muslim girl who covers their head properly is not all purely innocent. Yes, because no one is in the nearest zone of perfection. But, the only thing that I want to comment here is the first sentence.

Buat apa nak pakai tudung.

thats because your Creator asks you to in the very first place.
Hai anak Adam[530], sesungguhnya Kami telah menurunkan kepadamu pakaian untuk menutup auratmu dan pakaian indah untuk perhiasan. Dan pakaian takwa[531] itulah yang paling baik. Yang demikian itu adalah sebahagian dari tanda-tanda kekuasaan Allah, mudah-mudahan mereka selalu ingat.

O children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves and as adornments, and the raiment of righteousness, that is better. Such are among the evidences, proofs of Allah, that they may remember.
(Al-A’raf:26)

Katakanlah kepada wanita yang beriman: "Hendaklah mereka menahan pandangannya, dan kemaluannya, dan janganlah mereka menampakkan perhiasannya, kecuali yang (biasa) nampak dari padanya. Dan hendaklah mereka menutupkan kain kudung kedadanya, dan janganlah menampakkan perhiasannya kecuali kepada suami mereka, atau ayah mereka, atau ayah suami mereka, atau putera-putera mereka, atau putera-putera suami mereka, atau saudara-saudara laki-laki mereka, atau putera-putera saudara lelaki mereka, atau putera-putera saudara perempuan mereka, atau wanita-wanita islam, atau budak-budak yang mereka miliki, atau pelayan-pelayan laki-laki yang tidak mempunyai keinginan (terhadap wanita) atau anak-anak yang belum mengerti tentang aurat wanita. Dan janganlah mereka memukulkan kakinyua agar diketahui perhiasan yang mereka sembunyikan. Dan bertaubatlah kamu sekalian kepada Allah, hai orang-orang yang beriman supaya kamu beruntung.

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at the forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornments except that only which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way) and to draw their veils all over their bosom, and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband’s fathers, their sons, their husband’s sons, their bothers, their brother’s son or their sister’s son or their muslim women or their slaves who their right hands possess or old man servants who lacks vigour and small children who have no shame of sex. And let them not to stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, o believers that you may be successful.
(An-Nuur:31)

Since the revelation of His words and from there onwards till the end of time, it is something we should obey. It’s not very okay for you to just object and let your hair sway freely on windy days and I respect that because the choice is yours. no one forces you. however, I think that’s just plain stupid when some even dare to question what has been there in the holy book. so yes, now I truly agree with the hadith on why we should guard our tongue. Very true indeed.

To my friends, I’m sorry if this piece of opinion might’ve hurt your feelings. Since I’ve disabled the comment section, you may as well email me your opinions or objection or addition or for further clarification. (and discussion perhaps?)

p/s: talking about do not have the urge to write a lengthy post. so yeah, i think i'm in the mood for it. hehe