click click click

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Little Experience


Bismillah..

Lately I’ve found myself occupied with many other things, hence the shortage of time to write. I mean, to really write instead of just posting a few quickies from copy-paste interesting stories that I’ve found from internet.

This morning, I decided to spare sometime to write on something that I think worth sharing.
Firstly, it’d be very nice if you could read through this article. It’s true indeed.


TV plays an important role in shaping our mind, without we even realized it. Without I even realized it. Believe it or not, I used to believe that true love is the kind of love I saw in hindi movies. Oh yes, I am from the era when hindi movies overflowing our entertainment industry. As the time passed by, I’ve found reading, and then my perception of love changed accordingly to the books I’ve read. So you see, what we see, read, hear (through songs) indirectly shape our mind and how we look at things.

I am blessed to feel this so-called love myself. Really. But the thing is, it’s not really “love” after all. I felt miserable and down whenever the thought of him struck my mind. Maybe it’s due to the one-sided love that I felt hence I couldn't focus. He is the kind of guy that I thought was ideal to be a boyfriend or even a husband. However, we have to bear in mind, just like as we learnt in physics or chemistry, ideal doesn’t mean real. Ideal is based on our interpretation which is humanly and more often than not is wrong. From there I knew that I built up false interpretation of love. When the love was not there anymore, what’s left was obsession and urge to have it. To have him. I forgot for a while that he is human being with feeling. Not an expensive desk or chair or perfume that I could work hard for and keep for the rest of my life. The constant calls that sometimes he would not pick up or instant messages that he would not reply were stupod thing to do yet proved how hard I tried. Along the way, I also lost him as a friend he once was. 

Alhamdulillah, reading helped me a lot, in many ways. And time, too, played a very important factor to actually reshape my mental attitude towards love. I soon realized all the pain was my own self-inflicted. I could walk away from that.

 It was a huge struggle to get rid of the urge of wanting to have and keep him. I could say that was one of my biggest struggles I’ve encountered so far. I know it might be insignificant to some, but surely not for me. Alhamdulillah, I’ve finally find a way to let go and move on.

You know sometimes in life, we don’t really see beyond of what happen. Allah knows and even mentioned in the Quran. This kind of experience is also actually a helping hand for me to fully understand and apply the meaning of tawakkal and redha which I would say two simple words with great depth of meaning and not that easy to apply. When we lost something, it will be replaced with something better.InsyaAllah. Deep in myself, I knew I wasn't really scoring with flying colours, but looking back how my opinions towords this issue changed from the past years, I think I did not fail and InsyaAllah there's a huge room for improvement.

When there's no more love to offer, as a friend, prayers are all I have to replace. Insyaa Allah.