click click click

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!


This is a reflection. Not anticipation; that, I’ll save to myself first.

2012 is a year full of surprises.

I can barely remember how it started. I can’t remember where I was on January 1st this year, but what I do remember is I wished you Happy New Year and you wished me back.
Looking back, there were a lot of things happened in my life. I took the experiences bit by bit and struggled hard to understand the hidden meaning for highlights of the year. Obviously I couldn’t put everything into words, all in one entry for what had been occurred the last 365 of earth rotation. One thing for sure, some events managed to turn my life upside down.

One:
For career-wise, it has been a wonderful year with wonderful those wonderful people around. You know, when you stuck to do something that obviously is not your first sight love it’s kinda hard. It takes a lot of struggles and reminders from your own-self to be sincere. Since sincerity comes from within, I do wish I’m sincere enough when my mind and lips agreed to it. I’m blessed to have people around who constantly harking to my whines, offering and sharing their opinions. I’m forever thankful and indebted. It just gets better.
Two:
Transition from student life to working life is not that scary. I find it a lot more fun because I’m handling my very own money. There are few adjustments needed, of course and also the way I think and such. All in all, at this current phase, I’m actually meeting a lot of new different people. my opinions towards certain issues changed gradually. I hope for more positive side. my spending habit is not in a good state. I mean, you cannot spend huge amount of money for different fragrances in 2 weeks. That; clearly need improvement.
Three:
I finally found a real replacement for the lost Iphone 4 last year. Alhamdulillah. It’s Samsung Galaxy Note 2, people! very nice! Like, really really really really nice and suits me the most. *to the moon and back*
Four:
I made a clean slate with someone from my past. I should’ve made it a long time ago but the teenage me couldn’t bear the thought opposite to what I wanted hence the delay. However, it’s a big achievement and I’m eternally thankful to Allah for all the lessons that came with it. That’s the thing about life. Sometimes, we are too afraid to face our own fear, afraid of what others might think of us, afraid to be different. I know I still have a lot to learn but one thing for sure, I refuse to lead the same pattern of life for the rest of my life.
Five:
Letting go is never easy. Thus, I’m praying hard that we all do possess the ability to let go things that are liabilities to us and focus more on something that is more beneficial for us to keep. Please be reminded that for every obstacle we have to endure, Allah knows. Never ever give up on Him because that’s the only way we will never ever give up on ourselves. Let’s strive to be better in every aspect of life eventho the changes might be slow. It’s okay as long as we’re not stagnant, right?

Last but not least, Happy New Year 2013!!!