click click click

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Paris: hello love. Hello Eiffel

June 9th.

It was early in the morning as we started our journey from Warwick to London to catch the train to Paris. I was very excited to see what Paris had to offer. The journey from London to Paris took about 3 hours and finally we reached there.

As we stepped outside from the train station, I gulped.

"This is Paris, baby" i whispered to myself.

Paris has always been in my list as one of must-see places if I ever got the chance. With the fact that i learnt french for almost 4 years in high school and how my frech teacher used to tell us stories about Paris are one of the main reasons i've wanted to be there. To at least see the place. Alhamdulillah. Allah made it possible for me.

I felt very "tourist" when i had to pull our trolley bags around the city just to find our hotel. I have no idea that the streets could be so difficult to decipher. With very little frech words that i can still remember, i tried to string the words into one sentence;asking around for direction. It was very tiring but mind you, very much exciting. After half an hour or so, we found the hotel-checked in-off we went to the city.

The Lourve was our first destination. Pictures were taken like crazy outside the museum. I was unsure at first of purchasing ticket to meet La Jaconde (Monalisa) then finally decided to go into the museums and absorb all the paintings especially the star of the day-Monalisa. There were a lot of paintings, nude paintings and sculptures to be specific. We were joking around the painting but worries not, i actually enjoyed at the whole tour. Maybe i am ancient at heart. No wonder i love old building.

Walking around Paris in the cold is something i will not foget for the rest of my life. Have you seen Inception? We actually walked around the route. It was not that the scenery thst is very much breathtaking or what, its just the feeling and satisfaction to actually do what i always wanted to do-strolling along the road in Paris. I practically dragged my sister to follow me because she is not very fond of walking. Weehuuu.. we planned to stay there a bit longer as i wanted to wait till dark just to see the beautiful Eiffel Tower flashing its beauty. We bought the ticket to the top of the tower and up up we went to the top. Basically there are two stations. Depending on you which one do you want. The lift stopped at the first station, and as soon as we stepped outside it wss freezing cold. The chill air slapped my face. It was nice though, trust me.

We were on top of Eiffel for like 2 hours or so till dark. It was almost 10 pm the moment we stepped down. Since the summer is here, it was barely dark. All on all, there is more than meets the eyes of Eiffel Tower. I dont know about you, but i felt just glad, very glad actually to finally be on top of the tower which I treasure it very much. Alhamdulillah.