click click click

Thursday, July 25, 2013

thoughts for today :)

I still do wonder how mother-daughter bond does work. I mean, how can after you think you had the pressurized day ever, yet when you talk with your mom everything seems so fine and there’s hope for anything that you’re struggling about. Thank you Allah for mothers. They do really bright our day and I pray to Allah when the time comes I can carry that particular big responsibility as our mothers do because they are so strong and great in their own way. I love you to the moon and back.

The entry about the summary of my Europe trip is almost done. I knew I can never justify to the fullest the beauty of Alps by my writing but I do really hope you get the beauty I’m trying to portray. If not, it’s better for you to check the MAS online tickets to Swiss now and book. Interlaken is such a place to visit. Hold my words on that, please. It’ll be published soon, once the entry is done.

Since I have nothing else to write about my life, let me briefly tell you about the stories and lesson learnt that I’ve read few days back. Here they go;

1.       I was browsing through the internet when the quotes of Umar Al-Khattab (my favourite caliph) caught my attention. it’s more or less about solah, on how as a muslim, the solah (5 times daily prayers) should never be neglected, regardless what because once you lost the feeling of importance of it then you would lose everything. Coming from there, I kept my reading about him during war and such. And there was  a story about this man who went to the war with him, and was badly injured. Then, he killed himself because he couldn’t stand the pain. So when the sahabat addressed this to the prophet, he said that the man will not be together with the syahids (the ones who died during the war) because he killed himself; regardless he had fought wholeheartedly during the war. Thus the point I’m seeing is whatever hopeless and painful the situation is, we can never ever give up on ourselves and Allah.

2.       Then, I read through on my Umar died. He was stabbed 6 times (according to the article) by this merciless man while the sahabats and him were about to perform Subuh (fajr/early in the morning) prayer. But the stabs didn’t stop them to perform the prayer at all, he even asked one of the jemaahs there to be imam, replacing him because he was wounded and bleeding. As the finished their prayer and rushed towards him, the first question that Umar asked to them was “have you finished performing your prayer”? that was the part my tears curb broken down, and there was waterfall overflowing my cheeks. I meant, seriously? So there, we can see the difference of our iman/faith right? And that is something I have to work on very hard and smart on. I told this story right before we had our break-fast, and being me who owns iman as thin as onion skin, (iman senipis kulit bawang),  I just simply finished my pizza, soup and coffee and talked daa daa daa before going up to perform my maghrib prayer. Yes, that was not something that I proud of but hopefully together we work on our solah/prayer all right.


So that’s it. Good night.