click click click

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

bits on my home

I am home. I am a Malaysian, and I am in my country now. not that I have been somewhere else recently, however as I am holding vividly on to the fact that I want to see the world or should I put precisely places instead of the word world that I’ve always wanted to see, I know I will definitely miss my home. My home sweet home.

A Small country with various races and ethnic ; that is what world knows as Malaysia. Once I read about an article of a few students who were studying abroad mentioned that they were disappointed as most of their classmates didn’t know where Malaysia is but they did aware of Thailand and Singapore. That was almost 13 years back. As for today, I believe more people do know about Malaysia and I even read news about Malaysia politics on The Economist. From there, I knew that some going-ons evolved around or in our country is well known in the west.

Skyscrapers are standing tall with pride shows development of our country has progressed from mud, reddish road to well paved and concrete buildings all around. This is not something a thing that has to be wasted just because some parties do not understand each other. Malaysia needs her freedom longer, and Malaysians need the freedom to treasure and reach to their full potential without being told or summoned. It’s just a shame when some ignorant are pointing fingers with each other without taking any blames let alone to learn the lessons of the past. These people will only let history keeps repeating itself.

I do not wish for Malaysia to be under different colonies once again. Our ancestors had proven their loyalty long ago, fought till the last drop of their blood for independence. We surely do not want that to be a waste. I don’t. Hence, I hope some so-called leaders stop crawling each other’s back. Better to channel their time and energy for future development.