click click click

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

UTP, that I miss.

I know I’ll be starting UTP very soon. Or perhaps, I am already missing being there; to be alone in my room, surfing the internet, downloading movies, chatting instead.

There are a few things that I know I am going to pine for:

1. DC++
I was quite surprise to find out the authorities in my uni terminated its function when I got back from internship. To tell you the truth, it’s way lot faster than torrent or any other downloading websites. I definitely am not going to elaborate what DC++ is in here, but if there are hubs holders or anyone that are responsible to make DC++ was alive in UTP back then, thank you very much. You made my years in UTP, seriously. I can’t imagine myself drooling and rooting to see what happened towards Peyton, Lucas or Brooke in One Tree Hill or to figure out Blair’s schemes in Gossip Girl. Hence, thank you very very very much. Besides books, then I know there are a whole lot more to treasure; series, movies, songs. Sadly, I’m not much of a gamer, but I believe my friends are thankful for that as well.

2.  walking/stars gazing.
My first time doing star-gazing was back on 2004 with few friends of mine which now are not really in contact with me. I do have them in my friends’ list in facebook, but we don’t really communicate or exchange stories with each other anymore. Frankly, I chose to forget one of them due to personal reason.

 I never really gaze stars for quite sometimes until I got into UTP.  I have some sweet friends who didn’t mind to just go out to the field just to watch the hanging stars above in the frigging cold windy air surrounded us. Some nights, there were none to be found in the skies, bleakest and gloomy but strings of good and funny conversations did up the night.  For now, realizing the facts that these sweet friends of mine are thousand miles away haunts me with a feeling of melancholy. For the record, it’s pretty amazing to have wide big field in front of you, dangling stars that are million light years away from you when you look up, and there sitting beside you; your sweetest and close friends that you could confide anything in them, telling them your problems and they just listen so well. I knew they couldn’t just put pieces of my puzzle into places right there and then and I did also realize that they couldn’t just kiss away my doubts but all I knew; they were there right beside me, PHYSICALLY. and that's more than enough.

3. teh ais pak ali

Knowing me well, then you can order for my drink if we eat out somewhere because my choice has always been the same; teh ais. Lucky me to be in utp where I could find one of the finest teh ais I ever taste that slaked my thirst. I’m going to miss that too very much.

4. volleyball/ squash time
UTP  might not be the largest university in Malaysia yet equipped with almost full facilities such as swimming pool, badminton/tennis/table-tennis/basketball/netball/volleyball/squash court and such. I spent most of my evenings at volleyball court during my sophomore year and turned to squash a year later to get all sweaty. I fell in love with volleyball since a decade ago and that’s not a new piece but for squash, I just started couple of years back. That, spring to be surprisingly fun.  
On the last week in UTP, my friends and I visited swimming pool for the last time without intention to swim but just merely molding some memories. Hehe.. For that, it’d just fill with laughing, teasing each other and throwing ourselves in the swimming pool helplessly. It feels like only yesterday.

5. Friends
Last but not least, the greatest treasure amongst all is the friendship I built with my friends. being away from the family definitely did yield a huge void in my heart. Having such some good friends to talk to while being there is something I am forever grateful to Allah. Alhamdulillah.

This is not in the chronological order, mind you. The absence is there, deep in my heart obviously but I’ll try to live with it. have a good day, friends.