click click click

Sunday, February 13, 2011

arena

My sister asked me to send her to school for volleyball practice. The minute she mentioned about volleyball, my mind flooded with exciting and spectacular memories. Seeing the court itself flew me back to the year of Y2K. 

you know, at the time when Britney Spears was still a pop princess with her latest album; Ooops I did it again which happened to be my one of my favorite songs of the year. Yeahh, I was her freak fan back then.

Year 2000 was one of the best years I’ve encountered so far. That year marked few significant points of my life like going through tough experience where my friends and I needed to sacrifice most of our time on the fields; be it volleyball, netball or hockey. But of course we prioritized volleyball as it was a tradition to win that game in the district tournament since I-don’t-know-when. For all we knew, we wouldn’t dare to break the record thus we worked out butt off for it. Alhamdulillah, all the efforts was paid well.

This is not a post bragging of our achievements back then but it is more to a closetful memoirs of a lifetime friendship that I know will never dies. In that old court, flowery and sweet-scented memories created as a token for each of us to keep for the rest of our lives. These names that were once carved on the cactus leaves in the school garden will be eternally stamped in my brain cells.

Syazana, Nana, Nurul, Tikah, Zaidatul, Syafiqah, Wahida.

Usually after the evening practice, we went off straight to the stall nearby and ate Laksa. That accompanied with endless of jokes, gossips and interesting topics. By the way, UPSR never made into the conversation. We tend to worry about that subject alone or in the class whenever our teachers reminded us of its approach.
 
Back then, we didn’t know the bond made on the court will be this strong. We stayed as good friends until now even though most of us are scattered around the map. Nana is in Uniten, doing accountancy, Nurul started her role as tutor in one of the community colleges while Tikah decided to serve the nation by taking the noble job as the teacher. And as for me, all set and ready to drill oil wherever my employer puts me. hehs

All praises to Allah for letting me have these good friends. May our friendship remains until the hereafter. insyaAllah.

p/s:I miss playing volleyball with you guys. Lets do it when we have time. come one, get sweat like we used to.