click click click

Friday, February 11, 2011

It was light drizzle that night. The muddy lanes crowded with people; insiders and outsiders. We strolled along the stalls. Sometimes we stopped to look at things, items or food offered for customers. I remembered looking for something or someone but had yet found anything. We just kept on walking, talking and laughing. We even bought balloons, the cutes ones of course.

My look was messy; I wore a pair of cheap slippers, cheap shirt and my favourite quite-expensive pants. I didn’t touch up my face, I usually did not bother. Maybe a bit of lip gloss that appealed to be not so glossy and shiny like a pop star does look. I couldn’t quite recall about my appearance and I guess the above mentioned would do to prove how messy I was.

Blatant sound of music was roaring from the loud speaker the moment we arrived. Like I said, we just walked, talked and laughed. We bought drinks, talked again and my eyes were searching for someone or something. I didn’t find my liking. It was almost midnight when the soft drizzle shifted into showering downpour. We hustled to the nearest booth and gasped for air. while in there, I pretended to be interested in formula one car displayed while the truth was; machines seized the least of my interest.

After a while, rain stopped. We quickly made our way out of the booth. I pushed the door hard but it seemed no movement at all. I tried to push it a few times yet still a failure. Then, only I realized that there was someone outside that door that trying to get in at the same time. I let off my hand from the door handle and by that solved the problem. As the door yawning open, my heart skipped a beat and all I knew my foot were glued to the floor for the next 10 seconds. …….frozen. If our face color could change, mine might as well settle into blue.

As I was in shock condition without movement, one of my friends nudged me. That, kicked some senses into me. The glue under my foot gradually evaporated, I smiled to the person in front of me and fleeted.
We walked back without talking; I smiled all the way while both of my friends with puzzled looks on their faces.

Yeah, I’ve to admit that metaphorically, I saw some fireworks enchanted fusion of captivating colors in the sky the moment he opened the door. guess what happened next? i know what you guys must be thinking but sorry i've to spoil the mood. No, we didn’t meet again for lunch, date, tie the knot and live happily ever after.

by the way, life is about dealing with reality.

and my life is real. Like a reeling movie which I, myself do not know how it’ll end. And about him; is one part of those interesting scenes that long gone since the last few sparks of the firework disappeared into the thin air.