click click click

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

before dawn

"There is a distinct difference between a wise man and a clod. That can be heard when they are speaking. One shouldn’t look up herself or himself too high. You might stumble if your eyes are fixed to the skies instead of the front. One, might also trip if he walked while looking back."

Spread the florid table-clothe on the lush green grass under a yew tree, overlooking looming mountains on a fine day with some scones and a pot of tea should be lavish enough for a twisted soul like yours truly. A girl needs some nature therapy, trying to figure out her life; placing the missing puzzles. Oh, how I wished a plane ticket to Bristol or Bath mayhap, lying on my study table when I open my eyes in the morning. Too much of daydreams bring not so much good. Bear that in mind, girls (and boys).

I’ve been immersed myself into A Knight in Shining Armor until my eyes went red and moist. That’s the effect of reading from computer screen, so-called ergonomic. I put a halt on the reading and planning to venture into something else that usually comes up either watching movies or anything on TV; the two tedious options I pledge as boredom by heart.

Most of my friends took part-time job while waiting for our application or placement to be responded. At least, they do have something to do during the day and are enveloped with tiresome as the night approached. Thus, they easily drift off into a deep sleep. Unlike me, who is still wide awake in the middle of the night and only will be able to sleep when the sun rises from the east. Looking on the bright side, within a month I managed to finish my reading on some books that I bought like a lifetime ago. hehe.. Talking about procrastination, here’s the queen with enormous baroque pearl tiara on my auburn head. Auburn?? My ass, tummy. Just kidding.

It seems like reading is the sole choice I have to fill up my time besides watching TV which I have done more than a lot lately, and I have no desire to watch anymore series or movies that I fervently download before I kissed warm goodbye to UTP. Flashing back to the time where Gwyneth Paltrow still dated the foxy Ben Afflect, I think I’ve much more than reading to do during holiday. Oh yes, being a kid is very much wonderful, nay? and the perspective of paying my own bills, renting house or apartment, or going over for a visit to car dealer are still alien matters for me to swing. However, that’s how life going to treat me soon. Very soon.

So my friends, who are in the same heels, don’t waste and linger around your house without doing nothing if you too don’t have part-time job. Let us together pick a book from the shelf and read. Jadikan budaya membaca amalan kita.

a close friend of mine told me that there’s no such thing as nothing to do because there are many things that can be done. Such as, as a muslim, it’s good to read and understand the holy quran translation every now and then. After all, that is the greatest book amongst all. Even the big-time bestsellers cannot compete with that.